Also known as the ONSHORE COMPANY which means the business is able to work throughout the UAE mainland, reaching the local and international markets, as well as operating across all free zones.
Department of Economic Development – Dubai (DED)
The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the government body entrusted to set and drive the economic agenda of the emirate of Dubai, UAE. The DED supports the structural transformation of Dubai into a diversified, innovative service-based economy that aims to improve the business environment and accelerate productivity growth.
Department of Economic Development – Abu Dhabi (AD DED)
The Department of Economic Development in Abu Dhabi (AD DED) is the government entity entrusted to set and drive the economic agenda of the emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. Its mission is to be a stakeholders-focused organization that is capable of enabling sustainable economic development in Abu Dhabi, encouraging competitiveness and ensuring the welfare of Abu Dhabi’s community.
“Local sponsor” is a general term used in the UAE to refer to local service agents and nominee shareholders in mainland companies with foreign investment. A sponsor has to be an Emirati (UAE national). Operating a business in the Dubai Mainland area requires a local sponsor to be mandatorily appointed.
As per the UAE Companies Law, a minimum of 51% local equity is a must if you want to set up a company with limited liability on the mainland. Despite foreign equity in such a company not exceeding 49%, profits do not need to be split along these lines. In fact, in the majority of instances, the local sponsor is paid a set fee or minimal profit share, agreed upon when the business is set up.
The BENEFITS of an LLC | Onshore | Mainland business are:
- Low operating income – compared with other countries business costs in the UAE are significantly less
- Obtaining a residence permit – opening an onshore company entitles you to receive a residence permit in the UAE for all shareholders and their direct relatives (children, wife/husband)
- Easy and fast registration – it is possible to open an onshore company in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE within an hour!
- Flexibility to operate the business in any part of the UAE with local and government authorities
- Fewer nationality restrictions in ownership and visas in comparison to other jurisdictions
- Unlimited number of visas (depending on the size of the office space)
Alternatively, please contact us, so we can discuss your needs and provide the right advice to you by calling or sending an email to:
☎️ +971 4 381 3934
📞 +971 52 979 8169