Established by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister, Ruler of Dubai, the Dubai World Trade Centre Authority (DWTC Authority) spans locations within the Dubai World Trade Centre and the adjoining One Central. It also covers the upcoming new Dubai Trade Centre Jebel Ali, adjacent to Al Maktoum International airport in Dubai South.
With leasing and licensing opportunities including warehouses and offices, the Free Zone incentivizes global associations to establish a permanent, regional base in the free zone. Offering both onshore and offshore options, the DWTC is just 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport with great road and metro links.
Business Operating Permits
A benefit available that is unique to the DWTC is the option for locally licensed onshore entities to either relocate or be established in the Free Zone. This is achieved through the issuing of a Business Operating Permit to entities already licensed by the Dubai Department of Economic Development that want to obtain a lease and operate in the Free Zone.
Other benefits of setting up a business in the DWTC are:
- You don’t have to be in the UAE to set up the business
- If you hold a UAE Residency Visa already, you won’t have to provide a NOC from your current sponsor either????
- In contrast to many other free zones, you won’t need paid-up share capital before you start your business
- Likewise, you won’t need an annual audit before you are able to renew your license either!
- You will be able to send back 100% of Capital and Profits. There are also no foreign exchange controls and currency restrictions
- All company documentation is issued within days. We pride ourselves on beating customers expectations
The DWTC focus on the following licenses:
Commercial Licence: Carrying out commercial activities limited to those specified in the license, which allow the import, export, sale, distribution, and storage of items permissible within the license.
General Trading Licence: Carrying out commercial activities across an unrestricted range of activities, products and/or items using this license, and as such allows for the holder to import, export, sell, distribute and/or store all such categories under this license.
Professional Licence: Carrying out the services specified in the license within the Free Zone and elsewhere in the UAE (subject to local licenses and permits that may be required in other jurisdictions). These include services such as advisory, general consulting, software implementation, training, onsite repair, catering, and human resource services.
Event management Licence: Organising of Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) as well as any Business and Leisure events and the provision of all related goods and services being hosted by an organizer.
For information on the list activities and costs for incorporation, please call us on +971 4 381 3934 or +971 4 381 3933