TAJER license is one of the numerous steps taken by the Abu Dhabi government to boost the growth of local economy and make Abu Dhabi an attractive place to do business in.
The TAJER license is the perfect setup for sponsored spouses, freelancers and small businesses looking to start at lower costs and without having to pay for office rent. The license is initially valid for two years, thereafter it is renewable annually and commercial premises will be required. There are hundreds of activities under services, consultancy, maintenance, contracting that an individual can choose from as the scope for business.
Over the years, several changes have been made towards its requirements and procedures to make it more business-friendly.
In 2018, ADDED expanded the license package to include all GCC nationals and UAE residents under 3 legal forms:
– Establishment – only Emiratis & GCC nationals
– Sole Proprietorship – only Emiratis
– LLC – Emiratis, GCC nationals and Expats. In this legal form type, the Expats must partner with an Emirati partner – individual who will hold a minimum 51% share in the business.
TAJER license allows:
🛒 . 1057 business activities are covered by the license (including: IT consulting, food, touristic, import, export, real estate, design and tailoring
🛒 . All business activities are exempt from having a physical presence or an office (can be licensed from home). Exception from this rule are the food category activities;
🛒 . License holders to use the eCommerce mark (eTajer) & license serial number in product promotions;
🛒 . The establishment of a one-person company for Emiratis and GCC nationals;
🛒 . The establishment of a limited liability company (LLC) for UAE residents in partnership with UAE nationals (Emiratis);
🛒 . Entrepreneurs can add online trade activities to their current licenses or obtain a new license to conduct business through websites and social media networks.
Click 👉 here to check the full list of activities and the fee per each activity.
Step-by-Step GUIDE on how to obtain a TAJER license – all by yourself
- UAE Pass Account Registration
– Download the application in your mobile and register a new account
*BizzTIP: In case the app is downloaded, but is not opening, or opened, but the verification code is not validated – all these errors may appear if the app is not compatible with the phone. Call the UAE PASS support center at 600 560 000, communicate the model of your mobile phone and they will advise.
– To complete the final verification step and upgrade the account though the biometric verification, the client has to visit any UAE Pass kiosk with their original Emirates ID.
Visit the Department of Economic Development – Abu Dhabi website by following the link to apply for TAJER license – log in with your UAE Pass account and choose “ISSUE A TAJER license”. All the further process will be through this the UAE Pass account.
- Trade Name Reservation/Request Initial Approval/GDRFA
Submit online in the account the following documents and details:
– Passport of all partners;
– Emirates ID of all partners;
– Visa copy of all partners;
– Personal address, inclusive the PO box in the UAE, email & mobile phone of both partners;
– Social media links if available (Facebook business account, etc.);
– Website name;
– Company capital;
– Chosen activities;
– Company name (As per the Commercial Company Law, the business activity must be reflected in the company name in full).
- Specimen Signature Drafting – can be done by any Translation Services company, ( in case you require partner visa)
- Notary Public Registration & Attestation of the Specimen Signature letter
- Once the license application is approved, the MOA will be generated online that needs to be signed by both parties through the UAE Pass account by typing the password from the UAE Pass account.
*Note: The MOA is reflected in the UAE local sponsor account first. Only after the UAE local sponsor signs the MOA through the UAE Pass, you will be able to see the MOA available in your account and will be able to sign it accordingly.
- Payment Voucher Generation and License fees
1. Request a Private sector or free zone firm card GDRFA (you can generate the payment voucher immediately after the MOA is signed, without waiting for the MOA approval)
2. Social Contributions fee
3. Ministry of Economy fee
4. Service fee
- TAJER license issuance
You and the UAE local sponsor will receive via email:
– Trade license;
– Commercial register certificate;
– Receipt of the payment
- If you require a visa, choose the option” E Channel registration in AD Immigration”
- Apply for the Establishment card
* TAJER license can be obtained and issued only by having a UAE Pass valid and verified account
* TAJER license requires a UAE/Emirati local sponsor/partner. It must be an Individual who will hold a minimum 51% share in the business.
* The license can be issued in 4-5 day as long as:
– You and the UAE local sponsor have a UAE Pass account and there is no issue with the password from both sides.
– All documents and details are submitted according to the rules outlined above.
TAJER license cost:
The license itself will cost you roughly 7,000 AED. Additionally if visa is required the total cost will be around 12,000 AED. The annual local sponsorship fee will be strictly at the discretion of the UAE/Emirati local sponsor/partner.
ADDED – Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development
GCC – Gulf Cooperation Council – political and economic alliance of six Middle Eastern countries – Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman.
MOA – Memorandum of Association
Do you need more guidance and support to establish your business in UAE?
Sign up for our in-house Business Setup service and let our dedicated team take care of your license!
Contact us today to book an appointment.
Sign up and get a call back
☎️ +971 4 381 3934
📞 +971 52 979 8169
FOLLOW our blog for latest and most reliable updates on UAE licensing, visas, residency and travel, as well as free detailed DIY’s on how to have things done yourself and save time and costs!