Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing DTCM and General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs GDRFA have launched a new program offering remote working visas for employees and owners of foreign registered companies.
The remote working visa is issued by Dubai Immigration in collaboration with the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing. The requirements are below:
- Passport with a minimum of 6 months validity;
- Health insurance with UAE coverage validity;
- Proof of Employment from a current employer with a one-year contract validity, a minimum of US$5,000 per month salary, last months’ pay slip and 3 preceding months’ bank statements;
- Or, if a company owner, then proof of ownership of the company for one year or more, with an average monthly income of US$5,000 per month and 3 preceding months’ bank statements;
- All applications will be reviewed and subject to approval.
*Please note that payment of processing fee does not guarantee approval of the application.
Additional information about the visa:
- There are no nationality restrictions. However, Immigration Department reserves the right to reject applicants for national security reasons;
- This program will provide applicants with the ability to live in Dubai in a similar manner to residents, by providing access to phone lines, resident ID cards, banking facilities and the ability to rent accommodation and send children to school;
- The holder of the remote working visa will have a multiple entry visa during the tenure of this program; however he/she cannot be out of the country for more than 6 months continuously or the visa will be automatically nullified;
- It is possible to rent a property with the Emirates ID;
- Renting a car is possible with an Emirates ID;
- Hiring a domestic worker can only be done via a third-party agency; the visa holders will not be able to sponsor one themselves;
- As this program is for one year only, the remote working visa holder will need to re-apply as per the standard application process.
The cost of the visa is AED 1,060 immigration fee, which is non-refundable. However other admin costs are applicable and subsequent fees vary based on country of citizenship, application service required and whether you are applying as someone already in the UAE or from overseas.
Do you need more guidance and support to obtain your Dubai Remote Working Visa?
Sign up for our in-house UAE & International Visas Service and let our dedicated team take care of your visa!
Contact us today to book an appointment.
Sign up and get a call back
☎️ +971 4 381 3934
📞 +971 52 979 8169
FOLLOW our blog for latest and most reliable updates on UAE licensing, visas, residency and travel, as well as free detailed DIY’s on how to have things done yourself and save time and costs!